Essay on Digital Technology for Students and Children in English
- 1 Essay on Digital Technology for Students and Children in English
Technologies what are they for people have been designing and creating technologies for generations over time these technologies have been used to find and solve problems that people face all over the world for example,
How to source gather and prepare food to create shelter and protection from the elements or simply for human connection belonging and communication
A desire to confront problems and find solutions is what drives people to create and use technologies. Finding ways to make life easier more convenient or improve living standards for everyone in the community are what technologies are all about.
Learning about technologies helps us to understand how the things we use every day actually work and how they were imagined, created, improved, and delivered to others.
The Digital age of technologies
Digital technologies are not just about being able to use a computer a phone or a tablet digital technologies are about understanding how these technologies were imagined created and used
Digital technologies around the globe involve using computational thinking to come up with creative solutions that could lead to better ways of doing things, we use computational thinking every day to look at a problem break it down into easier parts find patterns, and come up with a systematic efficient way to solve it
To do this we need to collect, find and use data, data is a raw information technology and digital that is yet to be organized in logical ways so that we can use it more easily the way we use computers and devices to create solutions is an important part of the digital technology subject.
For many of us digital technologies are a part of our everyday lives we use them for work recreation in our homes and everywhere in between have a think about the digital technologies you’ve used so far in your day.
many of us are using digital technologies yet we have little understanding of how they work and the science behind their development how does information get to my cell phones that I could read the news how was the phone actually made in the first place how did the free to know how to beep when I left the door open.
How can we create digital technologies to solve some of our global challenges and problems?
These problems could be anything from developing hardware and software for people with disabilities to solving medical problems for more effective online learning, providing solutions for developing countries, and increasing sustainability environmentally friendly ways to travel to work.
There are advantages of digital technology
1. The technological advance is that digital encoding provides a currency exchange, Binary code is an efficient language that is common to all digital devices and applications.
Binary code has allowed us to have dissimilar devices communicate and trade information back and forth. An example would be connecting my digital camera to my computer to download my pictures. Both devices are different but are digital devices and use binary code.
2. Advantage is that digital data is compact. Over the past five years, we have been able to store greater quantities of data in smaller and smaller spaces. Like pen drive, memory card, hard drive, etc
3. Another advantage of digital technology is that it saves bandwidth. A traditional analogue TV broadcast requires 6 MHz while a digital television broadcast is 1/10 of that amount. This is one reason why the government mandated the switch from analogue to digital television.
4. Advantage is digital data can be transmitted at higher speeds because it is compact. We can send digital data at the speed of light with a fibre optic cable. These cables use a light signal from one end to the other end through a glass strand the diameter of a human hair.
Copper wires, known as CAT5 and CAT6 cables, mainly use an electrical signal for transmission which is much slower. With a light signal, the data travels at a high rate of speed.
5. Advantage is digital data is incredibly accurate. Digital data is a near-perfect representation of the original. The thing that makes it accurate is data packets. When information is sent from one computer to another, the data is separated into smaller packets of data.
The first packet is referred to as the header packet. The header packet contains the destination address, the total number of data packets for the entire message, and the size of each data packet. Once the header packet is sent, the receiving device knows exactly what to expect.
If even one bit of data (a one or zero) is lost in transmission, the receiving device will discard all of the packets and request a new transmission.
Once the data has been sent and matches what was in the header packet, the receiving device can reassemble the data packets into a message and deliver the message. So the data packets ensure accuracy.
6. Advantage is that digital access content is more versatile. This versatility is what allows for multiple languages, multiple DVD endings, commentaries, scene and song selection, and slow motion.
Multiple languages are due in part to Unicode, which is the universal character set that identifies characters of all the world’s major languages so that there is universal agreement, and they can be communicated digitally.
7. Another advantage is that modern digital content can contain control instructions. The header packets we just discussed is a control instructions, The control it provides is accuracy. Another common control instruction is metadata or keywords.
Metadata allows search engines to locate web pages quickly based on the user search text. if a user types SLCC in a search engine’s search bar, the search engine will match that text to keyword data in the control instruction at the top of a web page.
The search engine will then return the results of those pages that have a match. Another common control instruction can also tell your computer what type of program to use when opening your file or the date that file was last modified.
8. Last advantage of digital technology is that it removes all boundaries. Without logical, technological, or geographic limitations we have a truly global economy available to us 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from literally anywhere with a data connection.
There are Disadvantages of digital technology.
1. Human relations are diminished in the virtual world as online social life networking increasingly replaces real face-to-face and physical contact alienation can increase as well as problems such as cyberbullying online stalking and cybercrime which are related to the anonymity of the Internet.
2. Human beings are less and less valued in the workplace as their roles are replaced by computers outsourcing has meant bigger profits for companies but a decline in wages and conditions and more unemployment for ordinary workers especially in Western nations multinational corporations are increasingly impossible to control by individual nation-states.
3. Issues of privacy have become huge as it becomes increasingly difficult to control personal information in the digital media and Internet world financial details can be hacked into candid photos or videos posted on the web slurs and accusations made against people’s characters and personal identities can be stolen
4. Intellectual property theft and piracy have made it more and more difficult for creative people to make any money from their output media can be digitalized and then distributed across the internet very easily and the process seems impossible to control ultimately it will lead to a decline in artistic and creative quality as people no longer have the time in funds to pursue projects
5. Modern societies are increasingly dependent on technology so much so that many basic services such as hospitals power grids airports rail and road transport systems and military defences can now be knocked out by cyber attacks or catastrophic failure humans would be almost helpless if the technology was taken away overnight
6. we are increasingly becoming overwhelmed by the information overload that modern technology influences bring as we are bombarded by irrelevant emails, mobile phone calls text messages internet advertising, etc rather than saving us time new technology means that we are expected to process more and more information and work even more intensively
7. Technology brings with it all sorts of environmental problems as well as machines and devices often being made from toxic or non-biodegradable materials most technologies need a power source which can often mean an increase in the consumption of electricity and fossil fuels
8. Technology has a general dehumanizing effect as well as in the workplace the military is increasingly becoming more technological an example is pilotless drone aircraft which can attack and kill people with the controller many thousands of miles away
The impact of digital technologies are becoming increasingly important in everyday life from laser to artificial intelligence from image processing to big data they are behind the applications changing the way we live work and communicate with others
these technologies are layered upon one another like lasagne adding new functionalities on top of others sometimes in completely different technology sectors, that’s why you can track your daily lives run using technology that was originally developed to locate submarines
so strictly speaking it’s called a technology stack rather than lasagne but the concept is the same degrade something useful you have to build on the work of others
so what are the key technologies needed to build this stack there are three key technologies at the core of any digital product or service microelectronics is the technology behind the integrated circuits in all digital applications
many sensors in electronic devices are based on microelectronics from the accelerometer which enables your fitness app to track your steps to the GPS and radar which help you park your car, little wonder that this is an enabler technology for the Internet of Things
Photonics is the technology of light encompassing cameras lasers optical fiber LED lighting and optical sensors this technology helped save energy and increase the speed you cannot go faster than light
light related technologies can be applied in many different ways they can speed up your internet connection cut still provide non-invasive diagnostic and portable analysis methods for medicine and will enable the autonomous vehicles of tomorrow
finally, every digital service has software programs you cannot see software and we only tend to notice it if there’s a problem whether it’s the app that drains your phone battery for your flight being canceled due to a database glitch
many of us use software for the work we do every day at the office but it also powers industrial processes energy networks, traffic lights, and rail and air traffic control and its role in these areas is becoming more important every day in summary microelectronics photonics and software are fundamental for the applications shaping our lives today and tomorrow.
Subscribe To my YouTube Channel :- 10 Lines Essay
Subscribe To my YouTube Shorts Channel :- 10 Lines Essay Shorts