10 Lines on Makar Sankranti, Uttarayana or Kite Festival for Students and Children in English
Ten Lines about Makar Sankranti, Uttarayana or Kite Festival – This article will help the students who are looking for information about Makar Sankranti, Uttarayana or Kite Festival in English. This essay is very simple and easy to remember.
- Makar Sankranti the pan India festival, known by various names is celebrated on 14th of January.
- Makar Sankranti comes under solar month of Makara and lunar month of Magha as per the Hindu calendar.
- People fly kites under the sun to celebrate the festival in many parts of India.
- Apart from India, Makar Sankranti is quite famous in Nepal and is celebrated aided by the true name Maghe Sankranti.
- People exchange sweets consisting of jaggery and til to express love and happiness.
- Several communities celebrate Makar Sankranti as a thanks giving festival.
- It marks the termination of the wintertime season.
- Every 12 years, Kumbh Mela is arranged on the Makar Sankranti day.
- On Makar Sankranti, Magha Mela (fair) is organised at various pilgrimage sites across India which witnesses a huge participation from people.
- Makar Sankranti is the festival dedicated to Sun God which purifies the nature and helps to abolish our sins and bad deeds.
- Makar Sankranti is one of the Hindu festivals which is considered as most auspicious according to Hindu mythology.
- It is believed that on Makar Sankranti ‘Surya’ (Sun God) visits his son ‘Shani’ (saturn).
- Makar Sankranti is also considered as the day when people start doing new things and welcome the new season.
- Til and jaggery are the integral part of the festival and various delicacies are prepared based on it across the country.
- Kite flying tradition is also observed in various parts of the country and many Kite-Flying competitions are also organised on the occasion.
- folks of western Orissa have actually typical rituals of friendship on the day of Makar Sankranti where link that is specific friendship band on each other wrists and details one other as “Marsad” for a year.
- In Orissa, on auspicious occasion of Sankranti festival good deal of people see temples and perform ritual techniques while fasting.
- The delicacies of Makar Sankrati symbolize Unity, and the colorful kites in sky show the unity and diversity tradition of India.
- Apart from Varanasi and Prayagraj, taking bath in the holy Ganga Sagar is also considered really auspicious on Makar Sankranti.
- During ‘Kumbh Mela’, the very first ‘Shahi Snan’ or Royal Holy Bath of saints starts from Makar Sankranti; after this only, common folks are permitted to take the bath that is holy.
Subscribe To my YouTube Channel :- 10 Lines Essay
Subscribe To my YouTube Shorts Channel :- 10 Lines Essay Shorts
Teachers in school, are often asked to Children write 10 lines about Makar Sankranti, Uttarayana or Kite Festival or 10 Lines on Makar Sankranti, Uttarayana or Kite Festival in English. We help the students to do their homework in more effective way. If you liked this article, then please comment below and tell us how you liked it. We use your comments to further improve our service.
Read Also:- 10 Lines on Lohri Festival
Read Also:- 10 Lines on Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti